Talking to 25% of the web
A WordPress REST API White Paper by Human Made
An in-depth report and analysis on the WordPress REST API
The WordPress REST API is one of the latest features of WordPress, the content management system used by 25% of the web. The API exposes data in WordPress, making it available for developers to use in different contexts, and making it possible to use WordPress as a headless CMS.
At Human Made, we have experience using the REST API in our own products and on client projects. Employees at Human Made include Ryan McCue, the co-lead of the WordPress REST API project, and Joe Hoyle, who is a member of the team.
We’ve used all of this internal knowledge to produce Talking to 25% of the Web: An in-depth report and analysis on the WordPress REST API.
Available under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0
This white paper:
- introduces you to the headless CMS
- introduces you to REST
- provides a technical overview of the WordPress REST API
- explores some of the benefits of using the REST API in your project
- talks about some of the ways that the REST API will change WordPress development
- discusses some of the challenges that you may encounter in your REST API project
Who is it for?
- developers who are looking for a headless CMS to combine with any technology
- developers who want to know the challenges of working with the REST API
- publishers who want to integrate WordPress with their current workflow
- publishers who are considering moving to WordPress
- agencies who need help explaining the WordPress REST API to their clients
- project managers who are starting out on a REST API project
- Tom Willmot – CEO, Human Made
- Joe Hoyle – WordPress REST API Team, CTO, Human Made
- Ryan McCue – WordPress REST API Co-Lead, Senior Engineer, Human Made
- Daniel Bachhuber – WordPress REST API Team, Principal, Hand Built
- Siobhan McKeown – Writer and Editor
- Michael Pick – Designer