Human Made is looking for Web Engineers/Senior Web Engineers with WordPress experience to join its engineering team in the following regions Europe, Middle-East or Africa (EMEA), Americas and Asia-Pacific (APAC).
Engineers at Human Made work on enterprise-level projects for clients across the globe. Past and current clients include big media agencies, financial organisations, charities and not-for-profits, and other enterprise companies. We’ve worked with companies like NewsUK, Techcrunch, Capgemini, GIC, FOX Sports, USA Today, Fairfax Media, Snopes, Red Bull Media House, and Yell. You will be working on technically-complex client projects with a team of experienced Developers and Project Managers from around the world.
Your experience should include building custom solutions, understanding and incorporating security practices, and considering performance implications. You should also have knowledge of modern web technologies and best practices, including semantic HTML and modern CSS.
All of Human Made’s projects are based on WordPress so a good knowledge of WordPress is an advantage, or a demonstrable ability to expand your WordPress knowledge in your first six months in your role.
You should be familiar with the tools required for development projects. This includes a good understanding of Git, conflict resolution, local development environments, PHP configuration, following coding standards and general computer maintenance and security.
Who is Human Made?
Human Made is a remote company: this means you will need to work both independently and as part of a remote team. You will have the opportunity to meet the rest of the company at our annual company retreat, and with members of the rest of your team at least once a year. We care about good communication and you should be able to prioritise your work and meet deadlines, discussing any problems with the team along the way. You can learn more about Human Made and what you can expect working here in our public company handbook.
- In-depth understanding of engineering with WordPress
- Ability to debug your own code and that of others
- Experience in using debugging tools
- Strong understanding of HTML5 & CSS
- Experience in versioning technologies such as Git
- Knowledge of interacting with RESTful APIs
- Ability to set up local development environments
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to manage your workload and juggle multiple tasks
Additional requirements for Senior Web Engineer
- In-depth understanding of performance considerations
- In-depth understanding of security considerations
- Ability to architect complex subsystem
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible working
- 52 weeks parental leave
- 35 day maximum holiday policy
- Sickness and carers leave
- Annual company retreat
- Time to contribute to open source
- Conference and training budget
- Monthly remote working allowance
- Work wherever you want
- New computer and mobile phone every two years
- Office equipment when you need it
Visit the job advert to complete the application and send it in along with your CV.