Human Made is looking for a Mid-weight Designer to join its Marketing team. This is a remote position but you should be able to work to the EMEA timezone.
We are a remote team that provides professional development services and a digital experience platform (DXP) to enterprise clients. We’ve worked with companies like NewsUK, Techcrunch, Capgemini, GIC, FOX Sports, USA Today, Fairfax Media, Snopes, Red Bull Media House, and Yell.
As a Mid-weight Marketing Designer at Human Made you are responsible for creating illustrations, layouts, and graphic designs for the company. You will produce graphics for blog posts, articles, case studies, white papers, and other commercial assets and material. You will work with the marketing team to produce white papers and case studies, creating both interactive and print-ready versions. You will design pitch decks and proposals, supporting the Sales Team with any design assets that it needs.
You should have experience using design and illustration tools, including Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Sketch and should be able to create and update graphics and designs with minimum support. You should be comfortable using online tools such as Google Docs and Slack, and be confident picking up new tools and learning about them.
You will be a member of the Marketing Team which sits within the Growth Department. You will work directly with the Marketing Manager but should provide design input and work as requested across the department and company.
Human Made is a remote company so you should have excellent written communication skills that enable you to work with a diverse group of people from around the world. You should be able to work in a self-directed manner, addressing problems as they come up, and identifying issues in your area of work and fixing them. You should be able to prioritise your tasks and able to ask for help when you need it.
You will have the opportunity to meet the rest of the company at our annual company meetup, and there will be other opportunities for meeting up across the year. You can learn more about Human Made and what you can expect working here in our public company handbook.
- Proficient with Sketch, Adobe CC desktop publishing apps (especially Illustrator and inDesign), Google apps and Keynote.
- Good brand design, layout, photo editing and illustration skills
- Affinity for copy, typography, and writing
- Able to work to deadlines set by your team
- Good communication skills and ability to explain your design choices
- Openness to feedback and criticism and fundamental desire to learn and improve every day
- Creative mindset and interest in keeping up with the latest design trends
- Knowledge or interest in video and motion graphics
- 2–3 years experience in an equivalent role
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS, and UX design (desired, but not essential)
- Familiarity with WordPress (desired, but not essential)
- Producing web-friendly graphics for the Human Made network: blog posts, articles, case studies, etc.
- Providing assets for the company’s pitch decks and proposals (diagrams, icons, illustrations)
- Creating interactive and print-ready white papers
- Support the marketing team during research and discovery phases to identify challenges and creative solutions
- Maintain an ongoing knowledge of trends in digital transformation/solutions
- Creating business cards for the team and other brand collateral for sponsorships and events
- Providing creative input into meetings and workshops
- Salary range: £28,000 – £33,000
- Flexible working
- 52 weeks parental leave
- 28 day minimum holiday policy
- Sickness and carers leave
- Annual company retreat
- Time to contribute to open source
- Conference and training budget
- Monthly remote working allowance
- Work wherever you want
- New computer and mobile phone every two years
- Office equipment when you need it
Visit the job advert to complete the application and send it in along with your CV.