We are looking for a Product Intern to join our Product Team! This is an opportunity to join a small team that is responsible for the company’s products. Human Made is a supportive and diverse company, with a range of benefits that includes flexible working, remote work allowance, generous holiday entitlements, a computer every two years, and an annual company retreat (this year’s was in Sri Lanka).
What does a Product Intern at Human Made do?
As a Product Intern at Human Made, you are responsible for assisting the Product Team with a variety of tasks including scheduling, note-taking, research and workshop facilitation.
You will be reporting directly to the Product Director and working with other members of the Product Team as well as Engineers and Designers on our main product: Altis (altis-dxp.com). This is an opportunity to learn about the business of scaling a product, including planning, working on specifications, modelling, and working with engineering and design teams.
Altis is a platform built on WordPress and designed for large complex clients so they can publish content online and deliver the most efficient digital experience possible to their users.
You should have a keen interest in technology and Product to succeed in this position. You should be confident in your ability to self-manage your time and communicate with your reporting manager and team members.
You will be expected to collaborate with different teams across the company to schedule and coordinate meetings as well as follow up on a variety of action items. This will include speaking to partners, engineers, designers, project managers, and account managers.
You should maintain good working relationships with people across the company. Human Made is a growing company and there will be opportunities for growth outside of your Internship role, so you should be proactive in tackling new challenges that are of interest to you.
During this internship you will learn:
- How to work in a fully-remote organisation;
- A better understanding of technology in the web-space and the challenges that companies face in that context, both from the perspective of the service provider and the client;
- Hands-on problem-solving experience that can impact the company as a whole;
- How to communicate internally cross-teams and with external partners;
- How to demo software;
- How to facilitate a workshop and collaboratively solve problems.
- Learning about the role and the company; skilling-up
- Scheduling calls, filing virtual documents and follow-ups with partners
- Note-taking in meetings and write-ups
- Turning notes and research into sharable information
- Updating team Handbooks
- Learn to give Software demos
- Learn to facilitate workshops
- Self-starter with a go-getter attitude
- Team-player that can further projects independently
- Enthusiasm for solving problems
- Critical thinking skills
- 0 to 2 years of experience
- Business background/interest/aptitude or related
- Excellent spoken and written English communication
- Comfortable with technology: GSuite, Slack, etc
- Interest in the Tech sector
- £1500 per month stipend
- Possibility to convert the internship into a full-time role at the end of the contract
- Flexible working
- 35 days per year holiday
- Paid sick leave
- Annual company retreat (Previous retreats have been in Sri Lanka, Italy, Slovakia, Spain, Norway)
- Monthly remote working allowance
- Work wherever you want
- Computer provided by the company
- Budget for training and professional development