What does the Servers Team do?
Our Cloud Engineers provide support to our clients and engineering teams for projects that run on our cloud infrastructure, all of which are powered by WordPress.
What do you need from me?
You’ll need a practical understanding of running PHP-based web applications using Amazon Web Services, especially when it comes to their infrastructural needs, and how to solve problems throughout the various layers. You’ll need to be comfortable with security, scale, and performance considerations, and the associated technologies such as Linux systems, MySQL, PHP, and caching.
You’ll find it useful to be familiar with the tools required for working with AWS infrastructure-as-code, including Git, development environments, web server configuration, JSON, CloudFormation templates, and general computer maintenance and security.
Who is Human Made?
Human Made is a remote company. This means you will need to work both independently and as part of a remote team. You will have the opportunity to meet the rest of the company at our annual company meetup, and with the rest of your team at least once a year. We care about good communication; you should be able to prioritise your work and meet deadlines, discussing any problems with the team along the way.
The Servers Team is currently four people. We’re specifically looking for someone to help us improve our coverage of the Asia-Pacific timezone.
What do Senior Cloud Engineers do?
In this role you will have a number of responsibilities:
- Infrastructure improvement projects
- Modifying and deploying changes to infrastructure
- Working with others on your team
- Supporting people from other teams
- Resolving infrastructure issues
- Regularly communicating with both your team and the rest of the company
- Reporting technical system performance, maintenance, and outage issues to clients for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Working on developer experience tooling
We would also like you to have the following skills:
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services, particularly services relating to high-availability web infrastructure
- Comfortable working from a Linux command-line
- Good at problem-solving and troubleshooting
- Comfortable with Git for version control
- Experience with orchestration tools and contributing to existing infrastructure-as-code, such as CloudFormation or Terraform codebases
- Ability to automate tasks
- Familiar with running WordPress (or comparable LAMP/LEMP-based applications)
As your potential employer, we want you to know we value equal opportunities and diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to your GitHub profile (if available), a copy of your CV, and anything else you think will support your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
(Photo credit preview image on social networks: Emma Howchin)