We are looking for an Asia-Pacific based Project Manager to join our team. You’ll join our team of Project Managers, managing enterprise and publishing projects in the APAC region. As a Senior Project Manager you have day-to-day responsibility for the smooth and effective running of any client or internal projects to which you are assigned. As a focus of delivery knowledge you are a key person whose opinion and advice on project delivery is actively sought by clients and agency members. You should be able to effectively set up a project, control budgets, track and report on projects, and carry out risk and issue analysis and quality assurance. You should have a thorough understanding of the principles and processes of Project Management, and those methodologies adopted at Human Made.
As it is essential that you build a good rapport with both your internal team and with the client, you should be an excellent communicator, sensitive to the sometimes competing needs of all persons involved with a project. You are responsible for ensuring that clients and account team members are kept up-to-date on project developments, including changes in timings, costs, and any issues. You should set expectations realistically, be proactive in dealing with problems and not avoid difficult conversations, including pushing back on scope creep.
Human Made works with a diverse set of clients across big media, publishing, and enterprise. You should be capable of leading large, complex 6+ month projects with large budgets in a remote setting. Your involvement with a project goes from pre-sales to post-mortem. You should assist the sales team to define scope, requirements and costs for projects. For the project duration, you will drive delivery, managing timescales and facilitating communication between internal and external partners.
Human Made is a remote company so you should have excellent written communication skills that enable you to work with a diverse group of people from around the world. You should be able to work in a self-directed manner, addressing problems as they come up, and identifying issues in your area of work and fixing them. You should be able to prioritise your tasks and confident about speaking up to ask for help when you need it.
- Qualifications or equivalent work experience
- Experience in using a wide range of project management tools such as, budget/time tracking tools and issue tracking software with the depth of knowledge to recommend the right tools for a project
- Experience in an enterprise environment
- Deep knowledge of office tools
- Broad experience in project management methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall and their application to different projects, also attendant frameworks such as Scrum.
- Lead large, complex, 6+ month technology/web projects with large budgets.
- Deliver projects to deadlines and within budget.
- Set up the project in project management software and maintain throughout the lifecycle.
- Analyse areas that are at risk in the project and plan what you will do to mitigate against them.
- Maintain a general oversight of timings, key milestones, budgets, resourcing, risks, etc.
- Obtain internal and client sign-offs are obtained on key project deliverables and maintain an audit trail of sign-offs.
- Assess the time and financial impact of changes, and work with the Account Manager to strategise and communicate mitigation plans with the client.
- Be aware of the status of your project’s budget; Works in Progress should be updated weekly and any variations from budget accounted for and mitigated before they happen.
- Produce realistic timings in the chosen PM software with clearly flagged milestones.
- Manage the people and relationships on a project in a way that is constructive and collaborative.
You can learn more about Human Made and our employee benefits on our hiring page. And you can learn more about working at Human Made and our hiring process in the company handbook.
Send us an email and CV to email@example.com, and tell us why you think you’d be a great fit for the company.