This position has been filled, thank you for all the applications!
Human Made Limited, a team of 12 is a high-end WordPress consultancy and growing product company . We’ve worked for many large clients, including Skype, News Corp, Paypal, Sony, Chicago Tribune and many others.
Over the years, we’ve also grown to become one of the top-tier WordPress agencies, even accomplishing WordPress.com VIP partner status. This growth has been fuelled by an incredibly passionate team that aims to make the web a better place. We’re completely distributed, throughout the UK, Switzerland, Norway, Brazil, US and Australia. At the same time, we understand and respect work-life balance which is why we’ve had company retreats in the Canary Islands, the British Lake District and the Netherlands (and all that last year alone).
We’re now looking for our first product-focused front-end developer. It’s an incredible opportunity to influence and become a pillar of the direction Human Made is working on, to grow the product side of the business (into something more than just side projects).
Amongst other things, these are the products you’d primarily be working on (directly with @noeltock):
- Sense of aesthetic and design
- The basics, everything from HTML5 through to CSS3 animations and transitions.
- WordPress themeing or PHP are valuable, but not a must. Knowing JS will help you learn this.
- An appreciation for user experience and interaction design, the devil is in the details.
- Responsible approach to your work; you browser test, add accessibility features, etc. without being asked.
- Above all, an insane drive to build cool products and the perseverance to go through the highs and lows of it.
Some of the Benefits
- Flexible work time and vacation policy (quality is paramount at Human Made)
- Invited to all Retreats (doesn’t matter where you are in the world, we’ll cover the costs)
- Invited to WordCamps we decide to attend as a team (same as above)
- 24 Month Hardware Cycle (after you complete probation, you’ll be able to pick out your computer and mobile)
Ideally in Europe (for timezone and physical meetup reasons), but we’re flexible. Ultimately, being an extraordinary developer has no boundaries for us.
Getting in touch is easy, simply email email@example.com with whatever you deem most important after having read the above. Generally, GitHub link, any products (no matter how small) you’ve shipped, experiences to date, etc.